Houses and Townhouses for Sale in Hastings-Sunrise
The Hastings-Sunrise Homes for sale are mainly single-family residential, with strip malls, shops, and services along Hastings Street and other major streets. Hastings-Sunrise is best known for the Pacific National Exhibition and horse racing at Hastings Park. It is an ethnically diverse and working-class area that also attracts young professionals. There are impressive views of Burrard Inlet and the North Shore mountains on its north slope. To the east, it borders Burnaby at Boundary Road.
In 1900 Hastings was a resort destination that drew vacationers to the beachfront and the Hastings Park racetrack. Residents wanted more ‘wholesome’ activities, and in 1910 the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) was the result. By the 1920s, rail yards and wheat pools occupied the Port of Vancouver waterfront. The port continues to be a significant employer for the area. There is still public waterfront access at New Brighton Park, near the original Hastings resort site, north of Hastings Park and the PNE.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
- The 15th most walkable neighbourhood in Vancouver
- It has good public transportation
- 170 restaurants, bars, and coffee shops
- Hastings Park and the PNE.
- Visit Hastings Racecourse for live thoroughbred racing with spectacular mountain and waterfront views.
- Impressive views of the North Shore and its mountains.
- Trans Canada Highway runs right through it.
Contact us today for more information on what is available in the neighbourhood!